Title: Taking Tiffany (Breaking And Taking, #2)
Author: M.K. Harkins
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: November 7, 2015
Young socialite, Tiffany Thompson, seems to have it all, everything but love, that is. Guarded since her high school boyfriend’s betrayal, she wouldn’t recognize real love if it hit her over the head. Unless it’s a can of paint, and successful financier Todd Jameson is behind it.
Todd fell hard and fast for Tiffany a year earlier, but, unwilling to risk his own heart after a college sweetheart shattered it, he avoids Tiffany and vows to keep his distance.
Fate has other plans, however, and changes both their minds. But not everyone is happy with their budding romance.
Unbeknownst to either of them, a vengeful enemy stands in the shadows with plans to take Tiffany, and Todd is in the way.
Halfway around the world, Angela Bartholomew, a former foe in Tiffany’s circle, is serving a year-long sentence as a volunteer in a Romanian orphanage in payment for her lying, manipulative ways. That or be disinherited by her parents. The spoiled debutante is determined to get home at all cost, but Fate has plans for her, too, and Angela is not prepared for how her life will change.
Will love conquer heartbreak, or will greed and revenge ruin all three lives?
I fell in love with the story of Jane and Braydon. If you have followed my blog from the beginning, you will know I chose to start up with that book. I loved their story, and the tumble of emotions it put me through.
Tiffany and Todd were great supporting characters in that book, so I was rooting for them to get together, and have their own story.
This book was a sweet tale of just that. The great getting together, the fun-loving personality of Tiffany versus the quite focused, not willing to let his heart into the game Todd. Together they learn to let go of the past hurts that are keeping them from moving forward, and they might actually get a chance at real true love.
In true MK Harkins fashion there is a real dose of drama and suspense, keeping you wondering if they will overcome all that is thrown their way. Jane and Braydon return in this book to take on a supporting role, which adds a nice touch to true fans of the series.
What really stuck me the most in this book, was not necessarily the main storyline of Tiffany and Todd, but the alternative tale of Angela running throughout the book. Now Angela left the US literally running from the disaster she made for herself. She was quite a piece of work. Then she is dropped smack dab in the middle of real life, and undergoes a real life change. That for me, was the real beauty of this book.
To summarize, I truly enjoyed this read once again.
Buy The Book
About The Author
MK has always been a voracious reader. After hitting a dry spell of reading material, she decided to write the kind of book she’d like to read. This resulted in the creation of her debut novel, Intentional. (Award for Best Sweet Romance – eFestival of Words- August 2014) Unintentional, her second book, is based on the life of one of the characters in Intentional. Unintentional was written as a stand-alone book.
When she’s not writing novels, she likes to spend her free time traveling the world, splashing in mud puddles (She lives in Seattle, what can she say?), watching movies and reading (!)
MK also runs her own business in her current hometown of Mercer Island, Washington.
LEARN MORE ABOUT MK, READ THE INTERVIEW HERE!
1. 1. Do you ever wish you were someone else? Who? Not usually. If I had to pick someone it would be Bill Gates. I love the idea of spending my life trying to help other people less fortunate. He’s done a wonderful job giving back to the world.
2. What did you do on your last birthday? It was a great day. We traveled to Cannon Beach Oregon to start our two week vacation.
3. Do you have any tattoos? Where? When did you get it/them? Where are they on your body? No!
4. What are you working on right now? I’m stretching myself to try a new genre – Paranormal Romance – we’ll see what happens!
5. What do you think you’re really good at? Plot. It just seems to flow!
6. What do you think you’re really bad at? Grammar – I have two editors – lol
7. Is your life anything like it was two years ago? Not at all. Now that I’ve started writing, my life seems so much richer.
8. Have you ever had an imaginary friend? No (just so you know – if I did I’d never admit to it!)
9. Do you have any phobias? Yes. This is an odd one. I live in the Seattle area. I’ve always had a phobia about one of my children falling over the side of a ferry boat. Weird, I know!
10. Ever broken any bones? No
11. Any weird things you do when you’re alone? Sing loudly and very badly
12. What is your favorite quote and why? This is from Point of Retreat (Colleen Hoover) “Youknow they want to come out. So keep at it. Make it a practice. And write poorly, write awfully, write with abandon and it may end up being really, really good”.
13. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Pistachio almond fudge – I could drown in it
14. Which mythological creature are you most like? When you wake me suddenly – it would have to be Godzilla
15. What are four things you can’t live without? Books. Books. Books. Books.
16. What is your favorite television show? The Voice
17. What is something you’ve lied about? Money, specifically how much I’ve spent
18. Who is the last person you hugged? My daughter
19. What is the story of your first kiss? All I can say about it – slobbery, wet, and disturbing (summer before 6th grade)
20. Do you like kissing in public? Nope
21. What is the sweetest thing someone has done for you? There are so many things! I can’teven pick one! I’m surrounded by a wonderful group of family and friends.
22. What kind of music you like? All of it. I appreciate the talent it takes to put music together
23. Do you like to dance? Yes, when you put a few glasses of champagne in my system
24. Can you describe your dream home? Anything right on the beach. It could be a shack, I wouldn’t care. I only need to hear the sound of the ocean
25. If you could be any character, from any literary work, who would you choose to be? Why? Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. She’s everything I’d love to be – feisty, determined, stubborn and loyal.
26. What is the first curse word that comes to mind? How often and why do you use it? I really don’t swear! When I wrote Unintentional, which follows the lives of rocks stars and people from the music industry – in order to make it realistic, I used many swear words. The entire time I was writing it, I was giggling like a schoolgirl.
27. How would you spend ten thousand bucks? I’d take a vacation with some of it – and I’d donate the rest to a worthy cause.
28. What are 5 things within touching distance? Computer, book, Kindle, a cup of tea, and chocolate. LOL – I don’t need to move for a day or so.
29. Do you have a crush on anyone? Keith Urban
30. What is your least favorite word? The c word. When it’s used in a book, I stop reading. I don’t like it that much.
31. What part of the writing process do you dread? Only the part where I’m not writing.
32. What is your favorite Joke? I’m a sucker for a good knock knock joke
33. Where do you get your best ideas? Life experience
34. What do you do to relax? Read
35. Do you write about what turns you on? Yes
36. If we were to come to your house for a meal, what would you give us to eat? Barbequed salmon
37. Are you a romantic? Yes – big time
38. Do you listen to music when you’re writing? No, I try to block out all sounds
39. Do you ever read your stories out loud? Yes.
40. What are your future ambitions? In life – to be happy. I think the road to happiness is to help other people.
41. Tell us about your latest release. Taking Tiffany
42. What have you got coming soon for us to look out for? The Reader – probably early next year
43. What song would you choose for Karaoke? Moon River – I hear it’s the easiest song to sing.
44. Which Star Trek or Star Wars character are you most like? Captain Kirk – of course
45. Who would you most like to be stranded on a desert island with? Least? Why? Keith Urban – he’s my crush. Least – Nicole Kidman – lol
46. First book you remember making an indelible impression on you. Exodus
47. If you could only eat one food the rest of your life, what would it be? Vegetable lasagna – it has everything.
48. If you were a shifter, what animal would you like to be? A dog. Who doesn’t love dogs?
49. Favorite season? Why? Summer. I love sitting on my deck, the sun shining on my face with a good book. There’s nothing better (Wait, I take that back. Sitting by the ocean would be a bit better)
50. Best movie ever made? Pride and Prejudice. They almost had to drag me out of the theatre.
She LOVES to hear from her readers!
Breaking And Taking, #1
$25.00 Amazon Gift Card